I. Introduction to IRIS
Schools Program and this session - Lora Bleacher
Split into 2 groups:
Group 1 (for teachers who have an AS-1) - Q&A with John Lahr. Possible topics include:
· Setting up SnagIt to share your helicorder image on the Internet in near-real time.
· Recording data on more than one PC within a school building for the purpose of having a public display and/or so that two or more teachers can easily use data from the same instrument.
· Filter settings - what are they and what are they used for?
· Using SeismicWaves with an AmaSeis seismogram.
Group 2 (for teachers without an AS-1 yet)
· Seismometry and AS-1 basics - Larry Braile
· AmaSeis/data basics - Larry Braile
· Classroom uses - Guest Teacher or Lora Bleacher
· How to apply to the program - Lora Bleacher
· Q&A - Lora Bleacher, Larry Braile, and Guest Teacher
(One-page version of this page in MSWord format.)